View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2001, 02:16 PM

I think some may be losing their perspective. I'm not exactly tickled to death with Vocal removers that don't appear to live up to their claim, Dart. Thompson, and Vogones 1&2 included. Notice I said appear to live up to their claim, because they all do exactly what they imply, and that's to remove the LEAD VOCAL. What they cannot successfully remove in most instances are digitally added reverb and echo tracks, and that's what we're left with, and what we might as well get used to, or forget about vocal removal.I have the Dart Sampler, and it didn't take long to see that for all it's bells and whistles it does not perform one bit better than Vogone 1 0r 2. As I read it, if you're just interested in producing some cdg's to sing along with unmindful of the lead singer's echo messing things up, then have at it, but if you're interested in the end product being cd's of yourself singing SOLO,and in your own style, then forget it as it's not available anywhere at any price at the present time. Wish I was wrong, but I don't believe so, when you consider that the Thompson VE-4 only makes claim to results being"virtually inaudible" in only 25% of the time, and at a current sale price of $1695.00. Irregardless of all of the above, I do not feel the intent of these forums is to air individual criticisims, (that's what private e-mail or phones are for) but rather to search for answers to legitimate problems.

As for me, even though I'm tad dissapointed in vocal removal in general, not just Vogone, MTU keep up the fantastic work.

Thanks,
George

Last edited by George; August 5th, 2001 at 02:27 PM.