View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2010, 05:43 PM

Re: Mackie Profx8 or 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryant View Post
Hmm, sheesh, I have the usb knob at 9oclock (8 oclock last night), the laptop volume only at 1/2 way, and the main mixer volume slider below unity, and the powered JBL Eon 15 speakers at i/2 way volume as well. and its still quite loud, what do you suggest I try.

What do you suggest I try?

my suggestion would be, 1st, turn all the eq's slider to 0( center ) but not muted, and not bypassed..2nd turn the laptops volume up, speakers to 12oclock, usb to 8oclock , main ( board) to unity ( u ) 3rd, play a kma file, and sing, turn the eq's fader slowly while singing till you get the right amount of volume to your likeness,( right amount of highs, lows and mids) you can usually tell on the main volume meter( lights ) i only have mine goes up to 7.(max.) i'm not familiar with JBL , but if it has a clip meter and it lights up steady, turn your usb down to 7 until the clip light goes out ., or blinks once in a while..make sure that the vocals are a little louder than the music, adj. the mics when needed..remember adjusting the eq's will either make your overall audio output loud or low..worst muddy..

Last edited by billyo; May 17th, 2010 at 05:59 PM.