Thread: KIAA Membership
View Single Post
Old January 28th, 2010, 06:41 PM

Smile

Billy & Randy, let me first say, i completely understand your concerns ok? Everyone wants to make sure they stay open and above board, and do the right thing, legally and morally. And far be it from me to give advice about how to run someones show ok? With me so far?...if not read that line again..please. Now...i take a little bit different spin on it i guess. First of all, if that happened to me, not you, but it happened to me..ok? i want to be careful here. And it has happened to me. ok? Still with me here? Now...for me and only me. It's actually none of my business to ask where a singer got their disc. Remember..the law allows for you to make 1 backup copy of 1 legally purchased original...are we still together? i want to be so very careful in my reply here. So, as long as i don't stop hoster temporarily...copy her disc, turn hoster show back on, keep my copy of her CDG and use it illegally myself. I must assume and under the law i can. That she made a legal back up copy from her own legally purchased original. Still with me here guys? So as far as the law is concerned, you are not breaking the law by simply playing her disc, how in the world under what {theory} of law would you think you are committing an injustice? aiding and abeding in the illegal performace of an unlawfully copied disc? That would sure be a long shot..... Frankly i don't have time even during my meeger show singer rotation to ask every singer who brings in their own disc where they got it..like i said..actually none of my business. But if play others disc, i must play all singers disc. Several of my original CDG's are no longer available, some at any price. I keep them safe under lock and key. So i simply make my 1 backup copy of my legally purchased original CDG. Explain to me please, under your theory of not playing a customers own backup disc, you are breaking a law? Just curious.