Thread: Drunk KJ'S
View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2006, 11:12 PM

Thumbs up Sugar always taste better than vinegar

It may be unprofessional of these people but its a fact of life in this business. You are always going to be under the scrutiny of other kj's. My mentor always told me kill them with kindness and sugar or honey taste better than vinegar. When someone like that comes to one of my shows I do exactly what someone else mentioned. I just say "Hey we have a special guest in the house tonight, Please welcome so and so and make ---- feel at home" This will usually keep them from being too critical and just do what you always do and run a good show. I will make a personal effort to walk over and talk to them and shake their hand. Call me a brown nose but I truly feel that we all have to work together and not against each other. Sometimes you can change them by your example. Sometimes you can't because some people are so full of themselves that they will never see how good you both are just how good they are. Feel sorry for them because the majority of the people in the audience are smarter than we give them credit for!