View Single Post
Old August 6th, 2020, 04:02 PM

Smile Re: Problems In Win 10 Printing and BackupRestore

Roy and WaltR,

Thanks to both of you for your advice, I was able to correct both of my problems and and I believe Hoster is now working as it should.

I finally was able to download Open Office and it looks like it does what it needs to do. I was able to create and then print a Songbook using Open Office. Roy, I am sure glad you gave me the path for the Open Office, or I would have been lost.

I also was able to recreate the Hoster Data Folder on my Win 10, and I believe it is the same as my Win 7. Hoster seems to be working the same for both the Win 7 and Win 10.

I had to unhide the Program Data folders and then I changed the Hoster Folder to HosterBkUp, and created another Hoster Folder, as Roy suggested, just in case. I changed the next step because I was confused by the create date on the Program Files Micro Technology Unlimited HosterBackup.exe it was 10-29-2019. In stead, I did what WaltR suggested and made a copy of my Win 7 Hoster Folder onto a USB and then copied it to the new Hoster Folder at Program Data mtu, and the folders are now the same.

While I did not change any information on Program Files, I checked the information at the Program Files Micro Technology Unlimited for Win 7 and and the information is the same as Win 10, including the date for the Hoster Backup.exe. I sure hope I did not screw-up when I deviated from the information Roy gave me.

Finally, thanks to both of you for taking the time to help those of us who need help from time to time.

Acer 11.6 inch Aspire V-5 Laptop with Win 7 Home Intel Celeron 1007U Processor 1.50Ghz 4GB ram

Acer 15.6 inch Aspire E1-531 Laptop with Win Home 10 64, Intel B960 Processor 2.2Ghz 4GB ram.