View Single Post
Old April 26th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Administrator

Re: Information screen

I understand your request.

We did consider the duet "Male" - "Female" or "Singer1" - "Singer2" identifiers, but as Dale pointed out, we anticipated putting them in the Title page.

As the manual instructs, you will need to add the extra time with any audio editor to allow time for a "Duet color page".

In the Title page, we have a "Hold" field you can dial in how much silence to add for the Title page (and Credit page separately). We may be able to add a separate "Hold" field in the Lyrics section to auto-extend silence for a Duet colors page.

I'm sorry there is not a specific topic in the manual on this duet colors. I'll address this in the next upgrade, which we are ready to do soon.

Read in the Manual Table of Contents on these points:

Edit Lyrics Screen:
---Text Entry Guidelines - Read on the *, _, and "em space" characters as you might find them useful.

---Guidelines to Prepare Lyrics for Karaoke and under this - there are several sections you can get ideas from as to how to sweep the "lyrics", because your Duet colors will be LYRICS that will be highlighted... but read on!

When the Duet colors page is to draw/appear is determined by when you have characters on the page AND... when they start highlighting.

I believe you can use a single period at the top left (not very visible), or maybe the "em space" character and tap it as soon the page appears. It's been a while since I did this.

Then, place your Singer1 - Singer2 "lyrics" several lines down (depending on how many Lines you have selected to display in the Lyrics section. Their colors would remain up until the very end, when they will highlight.

Wait as long as you can to tap the Spacebar for the "S" in Singer1. This causes a delay of the highlighting. Immediately tap the Spacebar again for Singer2 so they both highlight very fast.

Once highlighted, this Duet colors page will erase and the first "real" lyric page will be drawn and sweep as you tap each word to highlight.

Hope this helps.