View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2008, 11:06 PM

There always seems to be someone in the crowd that can do it better than you(in their mind).
With all the people out there that know better than us, it is nice to know that they are willing to let us touch the knob without changing anything and saying it is ok now.( I think this is a thing we all do at some point)
I always try to make each singer sound the best that they can sound(but we can't perform miracles either).
They or their friend is always "the best singer ever" and they should be allowed to sing every second song.
Then you have the vain karaoke hosts who will try to make some singers sound bad if they think the singer might sound better than them. I have witnessed this many times.I am glad to have good singers at my show, and I know I'm not the best singer in the world, so if they're better than me, all the power to them.
I have a friend who has done sound for some Famous bands, and one night I had a family emergency and he was the only one who I could get hold of to run my show that night.
The next day, he told me that running that show was way harder than doing sound for a band in any venue due to the difference in all the singers abilities and mic control etc, along with the different recording levels of the different discs etc. He says that once you do a sound check with the band, all you should have to do during the show are minor adjustments throughout, not the major ones needed to do a karaoke show.
He said that he tips his hat to me and anybody who has the guts to do what I do, and he has been to many karaoke shows, not just mine and says that I am one who listens to each singer throughout the song and keeps the quality consistent. I take that as a great compliment for all of us who pay attention to their singers at all times.