View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2004, 09:17 AM

New Plextor PX-W5224TA and Microstudio

I just installed a new Plextor PX-W5224TA purchased from MTU. The reason I purchased this drive is because the new Sony CRX-230E burner that I had bought couldn't be detected by my version of Microstudio (V2.314). Upon first installing the Plextor, I could not start Microstudio (ERROR 1706 message). I removed and reinstalled Microsudio and then was able to bring up Microstudio but Microstudio would not detect the Plextor or the Sony as karaoke drives. I updated my aspi drivers to V 1.20 , rebooted and still the same result. I renamed file wnaspin.dll to wnaspin.old, rebooted, and then got the same error message as before (ERROR 1706). I removed and reinstalled Microstudio again. Microstudio again comes up but will not detect the drives. I started to do the Nero thing, but I am not have Nero installed on my computer. I use Roxio Easy CD Creator 6 to burn audio and data cd's. I am using home edition of XP. Any hints or suggestions? This all started when my Sony CRX-160 drive apparently failed. It was working perfectly with the Microstudio and Roxio Easy CD Creator 6.