View Single Post
Old March 28th, 2015, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Importing MP3+G steps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockrz View Post
OK, so I got my friend's laptop today and the Hoster program is all loaded and ready to go...

He has his music collection on an external hard drive and it is about 640 gigs, which is larger than the space available on the laptop's hard drive.

Is it possible to use his music collection whilst it is on the external drive without importing it to the Hoster program residing on the laptop's C Drive?
If you choose the KMH option together with MP3G, the files will remain on his external drive and Hoster will write a small header file to each file with a .kmh extension. The drive must be connected to the computer to play the files. Only the songs.mdb is stored in the Hoster folder which is on the C\Drive.

If so, his music collection is MP3+G that is organized in folder by manufacturer and then within each manufacturer's folder there is a folder for each individual disc by that manufacturer.

So, any thoughts on how to handle all this would be appreciated cause... at this point, I'm clueless due to this being so different than what I did with mine which was import each disc in the Hoster format.
I suggest you read the Hoster manual, look down the index for "Index Song Files/Steps to import files" also might help to watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjf7fxEK5wk
The video is describing an earlier version of Hoster and the first part has been altered, skip forward to 4.50 min in the time line and it describes setting the define field order. The latest version is slightly different in regards that you now have to click the define field order button to view that dialog but the method is much the same.

I would try it on a couple of individual folders first till you get the idea then you could select the Batch mode along with ticking the include subfolders which will just run through all the folders in the parent folder.
Only choose that if all the files follow the same name order.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.