View Single Post
Old February 28th, 2003, 12:57 PM

microsnd.ini

Well boys.. Thanks to Rich taking the trouble to post his .ini file I have experimented somewhat now and this time obtained results. From my earlier posts I was saying that whatever I typed in, didnt make a difference.. it went to default. But then I notice the "control colors" line has """SOMEHOW"" appeared under the EQ section. Don't ask.. But I shifted it and things happened. Most of you will probably NOT have the line
"VIEWWINDOW COLOURS" if you have NOT changed anything from install I guess. Well if you HATE that horrible grey that I am typing on right now. (Cheer us up for goodness sake.. yuck!)
then add the line after "Control Colors", giving it some numbers.. It's great fun chucking in odd numbers just to see what happens (It's in HELP under "screen colors") So just checking in to say I have settled for a wonderful mix.. so psychadelically arty media creative.. puts you in a great mood and looks the part for any one looking over your shoulder.
Control colors=3215,16777215
Viewwindow colors=3215,65535

This give you your data windows as "White" background and I just shoved a sort of stronger purply colour on it (English spelling of colour probably effects the entry .. I dunno) .

Then the background of the view window and the Create Segment windows is now .....wait...... Bright Yellow.... Luv it! Cuz the create screen window has the wave form as BLACK and it really looks good.. This also keeps the segments in the project window as BLUE.. against the strong yellow.. Just like my office here (and kitchen in london) Real happy stuff.

As for the EQ section, Rob has an extra line ....EQ line 9 ?????? I am still having big problems with EQ.. it just doesnt work sometimes. Anything of the Direct X plug-ins.. just doesnt work at all!! It picks up the Sound Forge parameters, just doesnt act on it.
I need to experiment a bit more with that. I suspect Jimbo will be into that with his Nuendo settings as well.. so very interesting nowaday.. Microeditor has shifted gear a bit after all.

I'll post another about motherboards later
G