View Single Post
Old October 16th, 2001, 09:02 AM

DANNY_G..thanks for the tip, will take care to "keep my powder dry"

SING1993.. from what Danny says it looks like you'd have no problem soaking the labels off to prove what's underneath. You wouldn't be labeling your damaged goods anyway.Can't help but wonder what financial losses you'll incure as your inventory becomes increasingly useless or replacing them with other brands to protect your income as compared to the cost of labels. Dunno, just brainstorming.

Also think SoundChoice might be stepping over the dollars to pick up the nickels. I'd guess that the potential market loss resulting from their posture could easily outweigh their loss due to piracy.
How many more individual users are there out there as compared to professionals ? That's how many more customers they stand to drive away, even from people who have no interest in backing up. We have an excellent example right here. If it were not for their copy protection move, this thread never would have started, and you never would have shared your horror tale here. Now how many people will see what's happening to you, realize the same can happen to them, and quit buying the product, and you're just one guy with one horror tale. There are three people in my small group that use softcases to carry their cd's in. Rest assured they will get the word, and quit buying SC. How many others will react the same, and as a result of this one thread? Now expand that throught the civilized world and what have you got, compared to professional piracy?

Enough for now

Take care

George

Last edited by George; October 16th, 2001 at 09:07 AM.