View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2003, 10:17 AM

Had the same a few times recently. This anom. generally isnt anything to worry about as a reboot (off and on) sorts it.
It's as Rich says, when the card (dsp download) is not detected on boot. Dust on the PCI seating, PCI slot itself, duff card or.... MTU told me this once before when I had a run of it. The MTU screen flashes up and nada, nichts, zilch after that. As far as I can tell they are slightly different faults.. Once windows is up, if you get "UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD DSP" (if that is constant.. oooops! new card) and just MTU screen flashes with no other warning, then restarts (not reboots) fixes it. In your case, that doesnt happen it seems, so look deeper.

A. On several of my systems, it appeared to be a powersupply oddity rather than fault; whether the power supply itself or a motherboard quirk. I eventually upped the powersupply to a 300 Watt. (Since they are dirt cheap) I'm running a 350 watt now.. and I have not had that problem. Who knows?

B. If your card is naffed, then you have probs. obvioiusly. If the PCI bus doesnt see the card initially, you cant run the tests to prove it either. Dilema
Briefly put the card in another system and see if windows detects something.. No need to go full installation.

g