View Single Post
Old May 21st, 2003, 11:30 PM
Administrator

MTU support response

As President of MTU, I read your accusation against MTU's support and looked into this myself to see what really happened. Following is what I found:[list=1][*] 2000 - You purchased a full workstation from MTU so you could use it immediately. We have not heard once from you since then, proving our workstation was running reliably for three years before the motherboard failed.
[*] 05/06/03 - You telephoned MTU, but said only your name so fast we could not identify you. No phone number, email address, or company name were provided. Your recorded message was also very insulting and uncalled for.
[*] 05/06/03, 11:33 AM - You posted in our Forums as instructed in our recorded phone message, but still did not identify yourself. At 02:14 PM you posted again in answer to a Forum member, again with no identification.
[*] 05/06/03, 03:08 PM - Bryan, our Support Manager, posted a clear support answer in this Thread as the only means he had to contact you.
[*] 05/06/03 - Bryan answered your email sent to him where you finally identified yourself, and provided the information he requested in his Forum Post.
[*] 05/08/03 - Ryan sent his first email to MTU. That day we were under an Internet DOS-Attack during the entire business day and we could not access the Internet. It is unreasonable to fail to realize that things like this happen that are beyond our control.
[*] 05/08/03, 10:21 AM - You posted 2 days after Bryan's initial post that we had not responded to you or Ryan. The facts in this Thread clearly prove we had.
[*] 05/09/03 - As soon as we could receive emails again, Bryan responded to Ryan's email to help diagnose your problem.
[*] 05/21/03 - Since you have ceased to contact us, you appear to have now solved the problem with the information Bryan provided you.[/list=1]

In closing, I find that MTU responded immediately in a professional manner with sufficient information for your IT team to solve your problem. Given that you failed to identify yourself for a day, and our Internet link was shut down the next day, we responded as fast as was possible. I fail to see your accusations are founded, and the facts prove otherwise. I am glad we could help you in a professional manner.