View Single Post
Old February 11th, 2003, 10:55 AM

Bryan,

While preparing the 10 hour long project for the test (which I hope to run tonight) I discovered the following:

I went to the end of the project and played the final 10 seconds.

When I play, the cursor hangs and the screen freezes anywhere from 5 seconds to 200 msec from the end of the project. The audio continues to play, but graphics freeze and certain elements of the screen turn white (such as fader bar). The time of the freezes seem to be random.

The cursor ALWAYS hesitates at 200 msec from the end of the project when playing. The best way to descibe it is that it looks like the cursor is just hanging on that 200 msec grid mark and then "pops" over to the end after the audio is finished.

I also observed the screen "flash" I mentioned in an earlier post. This where the screen does an almost imperceptable flash and the VU meters spike to red peak and leave the top red as if a clip occurred. The audio continues to play normally when this happens. This seems random and is hard to reproduce. I'll keep watching for a constant but I'm open to any ideas in the meantime.

I'll let you know the results of the overnight test.

Thanks,
Allen Brown