Thread: Handy Tips
View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2019, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Handy Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonman View Post
I found a cool hack for singers that tell me dont ever let me try that song again while still leaving it in their list.
I add the song to the playlist under their name, then re-title the song in the playlist
example
I Knew The Bride
to I Knew The Bride < never again > (no spaces between brackets), then right click the song - click add to the singers name’s songs, and walla, the song now is stored in the singers history to never try that song again and do not have to delete it It will remain that way, unless you refresh the singer database for some reason or put it in the playlist and play it. It only affects that singers list and nothing else!

Here is a shot of the singer history
Yes it works OK but one draw back is if the song has a long title that is wider than the column width it will be hidden and could be missed.

Where as if right click on the song in Alice’s list and select Mark song then select Not Preferred it flags up a warning triangle. admitted it does not tell you why you flagged it so I suppose you could also add your warning note.
The other point is the not preferred option does not require adding to playlist first.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.