View Single Post
Old December 28th, 2008, 12:10 PM

To: Dale Douglass 12-28-08

In going through all the help info I decided to check on the Regions page and I found that I had no region established on the form. I know I enter the 'United States' when I installed the new burner. It was blank, so I entered the United States' again. I rebooted for it to take affect, setup my song and tried the burn.
I went through the test fine. When I tried to burn it errored out and ruined another disk. I tried again using only the 'write' instead of testing again. It started preparing the tracks and errored out again, of course, ruining another disk. I went bact to the region sheet and again it showed no region selected and mentioned 'remember you can only change region 5 times'. I thought about it not wanting to accept my region and decided I would change from Master and Slave to Cable Select which I did. I went back select Region 1 (United States) and it accepted it. I tried another burn with test and then no test and I lost another two disks. The region was accepted and I don't know if changing to the Cable Select option had anything to do with it.
I then put new cable leads into the computer for the two drives still using the Cable Select option. Nothing changed.
I feel I have tried everything that you've suggested and all the thoughts that I thought would have worked and really feel that there has to be something in the burned itself that is malfunctioning. I am now down to 45 disks out of the 100 I purchased from MTU. I feel that they should replace the unit and the disks that have been ruined.