View Single Post
Old October 27th, 2018, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Can’t get into Hoster

That’s weird. Normally there is a long list of settings in that folder. Out of curiosity can you open that Quarantine folder and see if it has moved all the data into it ?
That is the default place Hoster puts the data folder but you are allowed to move it elsewhere, do you ever recollect moving it ?
You could try just copying the songs.mdb and pasting it, if that doesn’t work try this:
What I would do is rename your present Hoster folder to HosterBKUP.
Restart Hoster and it will rebuild that data folder, when it starts it should be as if you had just installed originally but all your settings gone, can’t remember the exact thing that shows but a dialogue will ask something like do you want search or add music with an option to skip that or not now, choose the skip or not now.
From the Tools menu select Hoster Data Folder when it shows check if the file path to it is: C:/ProgramData/mtu.com/Hoster
If it’s not make a note of where it is and come back to me.
Assuming it is the default place, Close Hoster but keep the datafolder open.

Now copy your songs.mdb from your Desktop computer and paste it into the Hoster datafolder then restart Hoster.
If all is well you may want to copy all your settings from your Desktop computer, you can create a backup from the Desktop computer from the Help Menu/Backup/Restore.

Save the backup to a portable drive or cloud drive, then open your the backup dialog on the laptop and choose Restore.

Tick the box to also restore registry providing it meets the 32bt vs 64bt message. and it should clown it to the same as your Desktop.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.

Last edited by Roy Dennis; October 27th, 2018 at 10:05 AM.