View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2007, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyo View Post
and you can also make a playlist of wedding songs if you go to one of the sites.. most of the times the first hour of the wedding is so boring. mostly slow jams..just remember you might want to ask the bride and groom for songs they would like you to play..they will actually give you the time and when to play certain songs...dont' forget to play the couples theme song..i hate doing weddings too..too formal!!!!
Yeah, formality is the main reason I've turned down three weddings. I have a few DJ's locally I recommend for them, who are good at it, and like doing them. I do this as a release from my "real" job, and prefer singing and "enjoying" the crowd and other singers at Karaoke nights, where there is much less stress. This one was kind of "special" as they met at one of my Karaoke nights, and REALLY wanted me to do it. I made it VERY clear that I was not as good at weddings and didn't really WANT to do one, and if they wanted a combo Karaoke/DJ party type wedding, then I would be OK with it. They were totally on board... We think. <g> If this one is a bust, it'll be my last one. Thanks for the info!