View Single Post
Old February 28th, 2008, 11:56 PM

I think most of us in this business has had to do some degree of censorship at times. Most of it is simply following the flow and age of your crowd, and using some " common sense". I know when you buy discs, you sometimes get songs you don't really care for on them, so, you can either add them to your book or not. I always seem to have someone who wants to sing "Aenema" and "I " am the one who decides if it gets sung or not. Most of the time, the singer requesting understands. Then there is " Ode To My Car ". Like the previous post, it's funny how people are offended buy one song, but, EVERYONE sings along with " The Rodeo Song "!! The hardest part for me is I also do karaoke for kids at summer camp. It is real tough trying to screen their songs. They try to sneak them in on me. KIDS!! I for one am not in favor of censorship. Then it becomes a question of WHO makes that decision and what is offensive or not. I think common sense rules. However, that opens another door, because I have also seen " common sense " get blown right out of the water. Daryl.