View Single Post
Old June 30th, 2009, 12:51 PM

I tried a few more things last night and think I found the root of the problem.

1. I keep display resolution for Hoster at 1024x768. Microstudio fields overlapped at that resolution making controls hard to hit, so yesterday when I had problems I had raised the main screen resolution to 1152x 864 but left the lyrics display screen at 1024x768. However, this is what caused the very slow lyrics screen update. When I set them both to 1152x864 the problem went away and screen repaints dropped to about 1 screen repaint every 1-2 seconds. I noticed 2 Microstudio field areas still overlapped at the edges, so I set the resolution for both displays to the maximum 1280x1024; no fields overlapped and repaints dropped to a couple of times during the song, mostly at the very beginning.
Another odd thing was that the "If you have never used Microstudio 2.613..." msg appeared when I ran Microstudio after setting the maximum resolution. It did not come up when I ran at the 2 lower video resolutions.

2. At the medium resolution (1152x864) I refreshed 'My Music' and it grabbed everything, so I am no longer missing files. It did report 1 bad kma and then crashed (I clicked yes to send the report). Using Hoster I looked up the bad song and the header info does look corrupted, so I'll delete it and re-import it.

3. Lastly, at the high resolution (1280x1024) I retested my disk drive and it reported as good.

So except for the few screen repaints per song, everything appears to be working correctly at a higher screen resolution. I could not find any recommendation for screen resolution in teh Microstudio manual.

My system specs: DELL Dimension 2.2 GHz 1GM RAM with a LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1633S drive (not Plextor; that was my old drive.)
The primary display adapter in an on-board Intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV 64 MB
The 2ndary display adpater is a Matrox Graphic Mystic PCI 4 MB