View Single Post
Old July 21st, 2006, 01:03 PM

Question What About www.mycdg.com

In preperation for getting Hosterized and probably buying a new computer to do it with if I can't verify all the right stuff on one of the two existing laptops, I'm doing a lot of reading and soaking up some excellent advice from the folks on this forum. Thanks to you all

I appreciate the responses from everyone on everything so far. One of the things that had been bothering me slightly is the way assortments of CD+G files are marketed. For $ 19.99 you can get a collection of 20 songs that were once hummed in the Jacksonville, FL bus station by the shoe shine man. OK! just joking, but not by much.

Today I discover www.mycdg.com. It looks like you can pick out single songs, add them to the CD+G that you order and get a CD+G that only has songs that you want. It also looks like you pay about twice as much per song to do that - however.

I'm not looking at the Hoster software as a way to be a KJ or do an open mike show, so all of your jobs are still secure.

I'm trying to develop backing music for a "guitar picking" and "struggling to sing" some, one man solo act for bars, restaurant and small clubs.

I don't see any value, to me, of having a dozen top hit songs in a particular style if I am only going to do one or possibly two of them in my show. I don't need a big library of potential songs like the KJ would need. If I'm not going to perform it, I don't need it.

Question: Has anyone used this service? Is it legit? Are the CD+Gs high quality or problematic etc. and in general do you have any advice about www.mycdg.com at all?

Thanks

Ron