View Single Post
Old June 10th, 2012, 02:46 PM
VIP

Re: How Do You List ARTISTS In Your Songbooks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilioM View Post
I have 6 binders, 3 with titles, last name first, first name second, and 3 with artist using the same format; last name first, first name second. The thing is I stopped using them about a year ago. Just about all my singers found out a long time ago that all they need to do is come up and ask me for a song and it's there in an instance. Mostly all my singers never even use the binders. Plus they also know that I keep a singer's database, so if they're trying to remember a song, all I have to do is bring up their name and all their songs are listed.

JRMerc
Memories & More
Yeah they do that with me too.
It's almost to the point that technology has actually hurt, how does anyone figure out new songs anymore? Looking through a book is part of the experience imo and sometimes will see something listed that I normally wouldn't have thought of otherwise. These people now rely on their memories & our singer history - I don't even have people tell me what THEY want to sing anymore, they just say put me in with something from my list. That's not karaoke to me!

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB