View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator

If these people are just starting out because of today's economics then they are going to have a very tough road ahead of them. The minimum outlay to get a system (even player type instead of computer) is at least 2 -3 thousand and I doubt many of them have that much just laying around. My opinion is they won't last very long without a decent sound system and a fair selection of music.
I don't go out soliciting shows and don't have a need to. I play one location (a VFW that is open to anyone) on Friday and Saturday night. Currently we are not looking for any other locations even though the only other place in the local area has asked us several times if we would consider playing there we have refused because of the way they operate. I wouldn't play in that place unless they built us a cage to protect my equipment.
We are pretty isolated out here in the sticks so don't really have any competition. There are a couple others that play in the area but the VFW has already seen how they run their shows and rejected them, so I think we are pretty secure in that location.