View Single Post
Old February 16th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator

Playlists vs Singer lists

We all have our own ways of running our shows and own preferences of the use of Hoster. Well just thought I would layout some of my own preferences to promote some discussion on the subject. Now that we have the singers database I find little use for having saved play lists. Now I’m sure this is going to create some discussion here as I think I must be alone with this idea.
I always start a fresh show with just two songs of my own in the play list as I always start the show by singing one myself, and four music video’s just for fill in if it’s a bit slow waiting for the singers to get their confidence up. All these are set to Skip mode until needed. Plus I have 2 A-stop rotation markers ready. Any regulars I can quickly add their songs to the play list as and when they turn up from their saved singers list’s. Others I just add as normal when they hand me or ask me for their choice.
Now if my memory was better I would set Hoster to “Not Keep Songs After played” but as a reminder for their names (old age again) I wait until they have finished and their name is there in front of me so I can make any comments about them, then I delete them. I prefer my play list to be short and see no need for long lists of people who may not even turn up that night. I have the BA activated for fill in for when some of the singers are a bit slow getting to the singing area, probably because they have either gone to the toilet or outside for a cigarette even though their names are shown on the up and coming singers list.

What are your views on this ?
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.