View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2009, 06:45 PM

over the years that i've been playing ( 10 yrs. in a band as a guitar player over south east asia ) and moved to united states, i started doing karaoke when everybody was still using cassette tapes i accumulated a bunched of gears, replaced old gears with new ones, i ended up with big 12 speakers, ( 2 and 3 ways speakers, 4 subs, and 7 amps ) spent closed /over $12,000,not including my newly acquired Mackie set-up, laptops etc., about 6 months ago i was doing a private party around Miami , Fl. someone asked me if i have any equipments for sale, jokingly told him i'm selling all the stuff he sees on stage( except my laptops ) for half of what i paid for, 2 weeks later he called me up and wanted to buy everything, i sold it to him, not knowing or thinking that he'll be doing the private parties i've been doing for people in Miami for yearsfor less than i was asking... now back to karaoke, i've been playing at this restaurant/bar ever since they opened ( almost 4 years now ) they were supposed to renovate the place and that didnt happen, and now they are asking me if i could play for less money, i told them i would, since playing karaoke is not main source of income, ( i knew the owner )but when they told me that i would only be getting a percentage of sales that night, and i have to pay for my tabs, which i never did before, and now they also wanted to raise the price on drinks the reason for these was they are not making enough money, to make long story short, i'm not playing there anymore...so now i'm only doing small private parties( karaoke/djing ) around West Palm Beach, Florida for less hours and same money when i was doing karaoke