View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2001, 12:48 AM

Driftaway: This is a question that should (and probably will) be answered by Admin. But I can tell you what I know and have experienced so far.
1) On my Windows Explorer Vogone shows as only 32KB for the application.
2) You'll need to have the audio files in a .wav format for Vogone to work.

I downloaded and tested the demo version of Microstudio to experiment with the reformatting of CD audio track format to a .wav format (I'm planning on purchasing the Microstudio software soon); THEN I used Vogone to reduce the volume of the lead vocals. I was able to partially eliminate the lead vocal, which tells me the song was not a "center-panned" recording. The backup vocals are still present at 100% capacity which was expected.

Assuming that most of the songs on regular audio CDs are probably NOT center-panned, we will experience problems with thoroughly eliminating the lead vocals. Unfortunately for me, there's no way of knowing if a song is center-panned or not until AFTER I've gone through the process. But I can work with it as long as I'm recording over the lead vocal; my voice dominates over the reduced sound level of the lead. But, like you, I would still prefer to have something that would eliminate the lead vocal altogether. Hopefully, MTU will be successful in their development of the Vogone II software as far as being able to work that out on recordings that are NOT center-panned. I'll be one among hundreds (maybe thousands) in line to purchase Vogone II if that's the case.

cybersal