View Single Post
Old June 2nd, 2009, 12:30 PM

Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
First thing is many CDG players will not read CDR (burned discs) that are written one file at a time. Your original CDG disk are not burned using the same method and neither is the duplication process for Alcohol or Microstudio Duplicate Disc. These all use an image file (IMG) to create the disc so they are using one file for a continuous burn instead of starting and stopping after each file.
Since Alcohol will work re-duplicating the disc try doing the same in Microstudio with its Duplicate and see if that works as well (just to check it). If that also works then there may be something in the finalization of the burn process for Write Disc that isn't right. Both programs (Alcohol and Microstudio Disc Duplication) build an IMG (image) file and then burn from the image to the blank disc. The Write Disc reads then writes each individual file. I haven't tried using a burned disc as yet because we use Hoster for our shows. I only have one player and that one does read them ok.
Yes, I do understand that some players don't read burned discs...but the players I have in question here do and have been reading burned discs all along. They have even read burned discs, from the older version of microstudio. This has all happened, since the laptop (both new drives have these issues) with the new version of microstudio. That is what I wanted to try, is there a way to burn the disc to an image, then burn to the disc with microstudio. For test, I did burn a (data) .iso image from a group of files to a disc and the player recognized it fine. Now, there was no music or lyrics...just a "whole file" but the players immediately recognized the disc and started playing the file. So If I can find a way to burn a group of files to an image, then put them on the disc, successfully....I'd be happy. I will test the duplicate function as well. Thanks, Larry