View Single Post
Old June 2nd, 2009, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDelicious2 View Post
Hi all,

I've been using microstudio for several years now and been pretty happy with it. Lately, I've ran into some issues and wondering if anyone has any thoughts on possible fixes. As of now, I run Microstudio 4.20 on my HP Pavillion Laptop, Vista (I also have it installed on my Gateway Laptop, Vista 64, for back up (won't import, but does burn)). My main issue is that the burns won't play in all of my cd players. I can play the burned cd in the cpu and it is perfect (so I am confident that it is burning on cd ok), I can also play the burned cd in my one player and it also reads and plays fine. I have another cd player (the exact same one, by the way and the disc will not even read), but it reads all other discs fine, just not the microstudio burns. I have tried them in several other players too, some read them, most of them do not. Which leads me to my real issue, the "weird" thing is this. If I re-duplicate that burned cd with another program, such as alcohol, it then plays in all players with no issues. I have tried many different types of media, updated all drivers, defragged, etc. I am at a total loss on what could be the real issue. There has to be something software related that is not 'finalizing' the burn correctly or something. I'm not trying to bash the program, I love it and want to continue to use it for many years. I have studied and read article after article for months, looking for what to possibly try next. I've run out of ideas. I'm exhausted to say the least. Any thoughts or anyone have similar issues. Thanks, Larry
First thing is many CDG players will not read CDR (burned discs) that are written one file at a time. Your original CDG disk are not burned using the same method and neither is the duplication process for Alcohol or Microstudio Duplicate Disc. These all use an image file (IMG) to create the disc so they are using one file for a continuous burn instead of starting and stopping after each file.
Since Alcohol will work re-duplicating the disc try doing the same in Microstudio with its Duplicate and see if that works as well (just to check it). If that also works then there may be something in the finalization of the burn process for Write Disc that isn't right. Both programs (Alcohol and Microstudio Disc Duplication) build an IMG (image) file and then burn from the image to the blank disc. The Write Disc reads then writes each individual file. I haven't tried using a burned disc as yet because we use Hoster for our shows. I only have one player and that one does read them ok.