View Single Post
Old October 21st, 2008, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticProf View Post
I do appreciate your continuing support. I do have MS Access 2003. The CD-DVD-BluRay burner is a "PLDS BD-RE DH-4B1S SCSI" drive. The CD-writer software is "Roxio Creator Premier Blu-Ray 10.1." I see that Roxio has a new 2009 version. What should I do to make the "minor changes"? I've no problem with changing/deleting Registry keys or -- if necessary -- restoring to an earlier data. I downloaded Keywrite 2.1 on 9/16. I think I installed it immediately. Have you ever used TeamViewer? It's like a remote access; it seems easy and it is free. I'm in Minneapolis; where are you?
Not sure quite what I was thinking about Access. That would effect Hoster not Microstudio.

However the Roxio may be causing trouble. Look in your Startup folder in the Star Menu and see if there is a shortcut for Roxio. If there is delete it. This is a quick start utility for Roxio but isn't needed and actually can lock your drive to exclusive use by Roxio.

To change the registry: Click Start/Run, type "regedit" (without quotes) and hit enter. Next click the plus next to HKEY-CURRENT_USER, click the plus next to software.

Find Micro Technology Unlimited and click the plus next to it. Right click on Microstudio and delete the key. Close the registry editor.

Open Microstudio. This should rebuild the registry entries with all default settings and allow it to open.

If this doesn't work then your best bet is to restore back before 9/16. This will not effect any documents, files etc. that you have created since then so no worries there.