View Single Post
Old October 17th, 2008, 12:12 PM

Microsoft Update entry???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
I am not talking about updating the "Critical" items, but updating all the rest. The critical updates are taken care of by the Auto Update.
On your Start menu you will see an entry for Microsoft Update. When the page opens click on the Custom button. After is searches it will find any and all updates (Windows, Software, and Hardware) for your computer including the .net Framework (only do these one per trip instead of all at once because it will bog down and have a hard time loading them all). DO NOT install .net Framework 3.5 as there have been problems found when using this one.
I don't see any entry labelled "Microsoft Update" when I click on the start button in the lower-left corner or when I look at the Start menu under documents and settings. When I go to Control Panel and select System and select Automatic updates, I don't see a Custom button. When I go to "Set Program Access and Defaults", I see a Custom button (which I have already selected) that doesn't involve Windows Updates. What am I missing? Do I need to be in administrator mode to see what you are talking about? PS. Thanks for your help!