View Single Post
Old October 17th, 2008, 10:07 AM

downloaded latest SP for Net 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
To get all the .net Framework updates you have to go back several times. I would also recommend that you install all of the updates listed, not just the .net Framework ones.
The Auto Update that is set-up on your computer and the Express Updates on their web site only install what they deem as "critical security updates". This obviously is not all of the updates they put out.
=========================
I did download all those deemed critical. I went back to the MS security/update site. The MS program said I had all the "critical" updates, but said there were two optional choices for XP.
> Update for Root Certificates
> Windows Search 4.0 for Windows XP (KB940157)
Neither of these seems relevant to MTU. The MS upgrade analyzer never gave me an option for downloading any of the other .net frameworks (such as 3.0 or 3.5 shown below). Is that because they are incompatible with XP? Should I get those separately? It looks like Service Pack 2 is the latest release for 2.0. I wish MTU offered for-pay support. I'd pay $500 for a tech to use Remote Assistance and fix my problem.
------------------------------------------------------------
There are currently five released versions of the .NET Framework:
The .NET Framework 3.5
The .NET Framework 3.0
Service pack 1 (SP1) is the latest service pack.
The .NET Framework 2.0
Service pack 1 (SP1) is the latest service pack.
The .NET Framework 1.1
Service Pack 1 (SP1) is the latest service pack.
The .NET Framework 1.0
Service Pack 3 (SP3) is the latest service pack.

Last edited by EclecticProf; October 17th, 2008 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Add more explanation.