View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by imau2fan View Post
Another thing that's puzzling me..........I keep reading that because of some "code problem" with Windows, it reads CDGs as CDAs, even though they're actually CDGs.

That's partially untrue. The CDG files I have on my hard drive, Windows indeed lists as CDG, and plays them with any karaoke-playing software, with full audio and video. It's only when reading files off my CD-R, does Windows list them as CDA.

And again, while the files are listed as CDA, they will play on my laptop, but not my desktop. I was hoping my desktop was missing some files that the Service Pack would replenish, but it made no difference.
Where Windows reads CDG files as CDA is only on the CDs themself. The file extension used when save/burned to CDs is CDA. The extension used when saved to the Hard Drive is CDG or BIN (which is the actual format that is used). Since the double file MP3+G, WMA+G, and WAV+G have started being used MTU change their save file extension to BIN.
If you laptop will play them with the grafics then the CD disc is fine. Since you desktop won't read/play them then I would suspect that the drive you are using is not compatible with CDG format.