View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2008, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahern View Post
Microsoft Windows, at least the versions I have owned, doesn't show cdg disc tracks as cdg. It always shows them as cda. I'm not sure I understand the issue. I guess I'm ready to learn if someone else has had different experience.

They play with graphics after you burn the disc, right? You might run into compatibility issues with different clubs' equipment, but I don't think it will have anything to do with whether Windows calls the contents of a cd "cda" Windows won't call the tracks on a Karaoke disc "cdg"
Actually I'm finding it will play on my laptop (when the certified burner is hooked up to it), but not my desktop. I'm wondering if I have drivers missing on my desktop. I fully updated my Windows yesterday.

Although even when I successfully play the disk on my laptop, when I click the play button, I get the error message "waveInOpen: Invalid device identifier." Then when I click "OK" on the error message, it starts playing anyway. Then when I click the stop button, I get the error message "waveInReset: Invalid handle."

The errors don't hurt anything ultimately on my end, but I hope they don't when I test my local karaoke bar's equipment tonight. Crossing my fingers.