Thread: 4002 problems
View Single Post
Old August 30th, 2007, 09:28 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by northlander View Post
what i mean when you open microstudio 4002 and go into browse and open the folder you want and it opens it will show title artist and filename
so in the filename section if i click on example 1023-15 kma the song will play but
if i click on cb90272-11 it will not play everything that is numbered is fine
seems anything that shows the brand will not play.
Hmm - there's a problem alright - but I can't quite get to the bottom of it yet.
I had a look at a folder full of kma files that have the normal brand ID in front & the vast majority played fine. In fact I found there was just one disc that had the ID KJPP02 that showed up in MS as UNKNOWN ARTIST & TITLE.
In this case I was able to replicate your error message.
I thought the disc ID was incorrect anyhow so I renamed thes files KPP02.
I can't remember whether they played or not now - as I tried lots of things.
After renaming them I used Songverter to move and convert them into zip files. I then directed MS to this new folder & found the renamed zip files played fine.
I kept moving them and converting them so much I just ended up utterly confused!! I also found other strange behaviour - like tracks being added to the Playlist but only showing a time length of 30 sec!! Consequently they only played for 30 sec However using refresh or reselecting the default folder and then adding the same tracks to the playlist would result in them being added with the correct length of time - go figure!!
So long story short - I am also experiencing some problems.

Question:
How old/fast is your PC and are your files on a local disc or external usb??

Test Computer 1. Medion PC Win 10 Home
Name: MedionWin8-PC
Processor AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3.20 Ghz
8Gb Ram 64bit OS
2. MEDION P7612 Windows 10 Home
Name Mike_P7612_17in
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz, 2100 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM)4.00 GB
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/michael.pyne1