View Single Post
Old November 5th, 2001, 07:39 PM

Sound Choice & Copy Protection

I too have mostly Sound Choice CD's (about 500). I have had about 1% failure rate per year, in 3 years. Normal use of the CD will damage it after a few hundred uses. I do expect the CD's to start failing much more in the future. Three out of four of my CD's are over 2 years old. I see dropped characters on quite a few songs. Soon after, skips start and then they become useless. It couldn't hurt them that bad to replace it. It would be nice if they guaranteed them for life.

The copy protection stops me from more than just backing it up. I use the program right now to rehearse new songs on my PC. It is so much easier to boot up than to set up my business rig at home. I want to use the Microstudio program to make my shows better and less work for me, not so I can copy CD's. But it is critical to be able to read the CD to put it on the hard drive. This protects the song from skipping or dropping characters as well as time and effort of loading CD's. Also, you look more professional if you don't have skips, etc. I pride myself on being the best sounding, if not the hardest working KJ in my 4 county area. If I can't use their CD's with the program, I will not buy any more CD's from Sound Choice. If they can't see the potential of what Microstudio has started, they will be left behind like Beta video.

I hope to see Karaoke develop into a much greater visual multimedia presentaion. Computers allow much more power for the KJ than someone just playing CD's. Wake Up! It's boring! Shows will be good because they are exciting visually as well as to the ear. Microstudio (Hoster) allows this to be possible.

Last edited by cccolvin; November 7th, 2001 at 05:29 PM.