View Single Post
Old October 16th, 2001, 12:19 PM

Sound Choice

That is absolutely what I hope to accomplish! If Sound Choice won't take care of their loyal customers, they don't deserve to stay in business! I'm not really the only one out here with a horror story, I've got friends that do DJing around here too. Granted they don't have the amount of disks, that I do...but they do have SC disks that are doing the very same thing...i know because I checked them. You can always tell because when you look at the back of the disk (where the music tracks are burned) you can see what looks like a deteriation inside the tracks. I thought they were just deteriorating when I first started seeing it...not really sure what it was. Then, the more I investigated, I found out it it was actually just the paint on the other side of the disk, rubbing off! And when that happens, the disk just won't play. The only thing that has really saved Sound Choice from a lawsuit before was my ability to back the disks up. I had made the back-up set...so when one of them started deteriorating, I'd just replace it with the back-up and be okay. Of course, now that SC has made their disk uncopyable, looks like I've run into a real problem...when the disks mess up, I won't have one to replace it. As as far as the labels go, I still may try it. My problem is just that I don't feel I should have too. The disks should be made right the first time without me having to spend more money to do this. Having to spend the extra money is what makes me mad. If I'm gonna have to spend extra money to make my disks work, then SC should have to pay for it. You know how expensive the labels and printer cartridges can be! Another 4 or 5 hundred easily...probably more to cover all my disks. But I may have to resort to this, Unfortunately. And Sound Choice is really making a mistake with this anti-piracy thing. I mean, If I could have just been able to continue making my back-ups that worked fine, even with the original messed up, I wouldn't even be on here...like you said. I'd would have kept buying the disks, and stayed out of SC's hair...now I intend to mess it up...LOL