View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2001, 11:39 PM

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that everyone who copies a disc is a criminal or has criminal intent. But, just like the present political situation, the criminal aspect of it certainly happens way too much, and it's time that something was done about it.

Not sure about damages and libel. I never do remember the legal difference between libel and slander. Either way, law is an interpretation. My point is, it ain't very smart to be the representative of a company and publicly rag other companies on your own website. Slander, libel, either way, it's risky aside from unprofessional.

As far as where on the Internet, what's your point? You seem to be on the side of being able to copy other people's property. My point would be that since you seem to advocate it when it suits your own purposes - as does MTU - then you have to allow it for everyone, don't you? The site is the same general area of the Internet where you can trade lots of things that don't belong to you. Games files, copy program files, MTU files, Karaoke files, standard music files, Windows files, pretty much anything digital that anyone asks for.

As far as Sound Choice, either you're not very tuned in to Pop music, or you're not very tuned in to Sound Choice. They have a whole line of discs that is virtually nothing BUT single artists - it's called the called Star Series. Matchbox 20, Metallica (2 volumes), Steve Miller, Stevie Nicks, Fleetwood Mac, AC/DC, KISS, Patsy Cline, Bette Midler, Dwight Yoakam, Toby Keith, Alan Jackson, David Alan Coe, Cars, Huey Lewis, Prince, Blondie, Garbage/No Doubt, Van Halen, Roy Orbison, Halloween discs, Contemporary Christian discs, hundreds, way to many to remember.

For their current releases, they release the same songs as ALL the manufacturers. Same country songs as Chartbusters and Star, same pop songs as Maestro and the monthlies. One difference is that they seem to do all that, as well as all the specialty discs like Headbangers and Silly Songs. But, to each his own.

On Spotlight discs, just in the past two months they have released Van Halen vs Aerosmith, KISS vs. AC/DC, Prince, George Strait, Huey Lewis and the News, Funk classics like James Brown, EWF, Commodores, War, Cameo - ever heard of any of them? Not to criticize, George, I mean you brought it up. But I would have to guess that you're not really aware of popular music, or you just don't care about Sound Choice. Either one or both is fine. But you might want to get your facts straight before you put them out there as true. Just my .02 cents. Thanks.

Last edited by Doubletrak; October 14th, 2001 at 11:52 PM.