View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2001, 08:54 AM

Doubletrack
Let's not start catagorizing everyone who uses cdg copy matrial.
Over the last three yesrs I've purchased quite an expensive library of cdg's. I am not a kdj, do not engage in commercial enterprises of any kind(where karaoke is concerned), nor put on public demonstrations of any kind. I belong to a small(seven member) group of wannabee singers who simply enjoy getting together 3-4 times a year and spending an evening singing. This necessitates carrying discs out of the home(we rotate locations), and yes, I do want my library backed up and yes, I do it for personal use and no, I doubt I'm unique.

I started avoiding SoundChoice months ago and purchase them only as a last resort.This based upon a close look at their marketing strategy as compared to many others. SC rarely ever puts more than 3-4 songs on one cd that I ever heard of, or puts out much of anything with the entire cd devoted to a single artist's popular hits. Could it be perhaps to maximize their sales at our expense? One can't help but wonder.

Regarding quality, it's well known that Mitsui puts an extra coating on their cd's for added protection. I do not see any reference to using this type of material on any SC products, and I think it's a safe assumption to believe that if they did, they would well advertise it on their jackets.

How about putting the scatter gun away regarding other sites where MTU products are available and backing up (no pun intended)the claim by giving us the specific site addresses? Since
you posture yourself on the side of the manufacturer wouldn't this be fair? MTU is a manufacturer being abused, are they not?

Also, not being much of a sea lawyer I'd still guess that there is no libel justification in anything that's being said here on the forum, as SC would be hard pressed to prove damages, which I believe must be proven to support libel claims.

Anyway that's my 2cents worth..

Take care

George

Last edited by George; October 14th, 2001 at 08:57 PM.