View Single Post
Old September 19th, 2016, 04:28 PM
VIP

Re: Importing New Mp3+g Files

[quote=kiwisinger;129470]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltR View Post

Yes, originally, years ago.
But when CDG Zip files became available to buy online, I would buy them, unzip them, rename the cdg & mp3 files(just for clarity eg. 001 - 01 - Song Title - Artist), then import them into Hoster as KMA.

Now when I imported these new KMH files, that was not intentional, I must've pushed the wrong button.
I can't remember doing this, but I must have. I have re-imported all my Discs again (for what reason I don't no haha) but I obviously used the KMH button, giving me all those KMH files in each Disc Folder.
But of course, I still had and still have all the KMA files.

Yes, I have currently both KMA & KMH files.

So what I would like to do, is delete all the KMH files in every Disc Folder and just continue to use KMA files.
I tried doing what you suggested but it didn't work.
NB: In the "Songs Build Database" window, I don't have a "REMOVE" Folder button. These are the buttons I have:
ADD FOLDER | ADD FOLDER/SUB-FOLDERS | RESCAN FOLDER | EXCLUDE FOLDER.

I'm guessing the "EXCLUDE FOLDER" button is your 'REMOVE BUTTON?"

The only folder in the space below, is my KMA files Folder.
I tried to ADD into the space below, all the "DISC Folders", using the ADD FOLDER button, but that didn't work. So I tried the ADD FOLDER/SUB-FOLDERS button and that worked. But it didn't delete the KMH files from those Disc Folders.

Q.1. So, am I doing something wrong(wich is very likely haha) or is there another way of deleting the KMH files from each Disc Folder?
When you click on "import songs" on the top of the main page of Hoster you should get a pop up window. One of the options is "Build Data Base". When you click on that it should open another window and the "remove folder" button should be right under "merge dupes". I think this was available with Version 5.10. It will be grayed out until you highlight a folder. If not you can go to the folders that you have kmh files in or if you a master folder containing sub-folders, high the folder. Then up in the right hand corner of the page (windows explorer or file finder) do a search for .kmh. It should collect all of them and you just highlight them all and hit delete. You will want to do the same for the .txt files that Hoster places in the folders with the kmh files. Once done, Hoster will no longer recognize those songs until you re-index them.
Q.2. Just out of curiosity, having both KMA & KMH files, which one is Hoster using?
Hoster should be using both of them. If you indexed your songs twice, once by kma and once by kmh you should have duplicated songs in Hoster.
Whew, I hope my ramblings make sense?

Thank you in advance

Toshiba Qosmio Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 32GB Ram, Graphics: 3GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M
With Optimus Technology, Optical Drive: Blue-ray Disc Rewriteable (BD-RE) / DVD SuperMultic Drive, Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 2x2 AC Plus Bluetooth 4.0, LED Backlit Keyboard, 512 GB Samsung Solid State Drive and 4.0 TB and 1.5 TB Hard Drives, 4 USB 3.0 Ports. Breakaway Audio Enhancer

Toshiba Satellite Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 6GB Ram, Intel HD Graphics 3000, 256 GB Solid State Drive, Breakaway Audio Enhancer. 3 TB External WD Caviar Green Hard Drive.