View Single Post
Old September 18th, 2016, 11:16 AM

Re: Importing New Mp3+g Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltR View Post
The kma files are stand alone. They do not need anything else for them to play. They contain the audio and video files.

As far as deleting what you have, I don't know what to tell you based on the info you provided.....Unless you are running out of disk space, I don't see the need to delete your kma files since they are already part of Hoster and have been indexed into your database as such.

The KMH file stores with the CDG and MP3 for example, as a reference to these files for Hoster to recognize them and use very little disk space. If you have zipped files they contain the CDG and MP3 files and if used with KMH they are referenced by the KMH as well.

I only use KMH now because as mentioned earlier, they save so much disk space.....
Ah, thank you Walt for explaining that.

I just checked my HD and I've got heaps of space left, so I wont delete my kma files.

Q.1. Now that I've got all those kmh files in my cdg folders, is there any way of deleting them all in one go, without having to go in there and delete them 1x1? There's a few thousand! :(

Q.2. Is there a difference in the performance between kma & kmh? Is one format better than the other?

Thanx Walt

Laptop Computer:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz
Ram: 8GB
System type: 64-bit OS, x64-based processor
Video Cards:
1x Intel(R)HD Graphics 4600
1x NVIDIA Geforce GT745M

Audio Card: IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
Full Windows Touch Support with 10 Touch Points