View Single Post
Old August 19th, 2003, 03:13 PM

To PCGumshoe:

No, I don't want to have Chinese on one line and phonic on the next. As I explained in my prior messages, I had to place all the Chinese lyrics as graphics on the top part of the screen and place the phonics line by line (2 lines per page) since only the phonics in English letters can be swept. This is the best I could do with KPro 4. If I use only the phonics, unless I know the song by heart, I can't make out the Chinese words by looking at the phonics alone. since the lyrics are swept by quickly. By having the Chinese characters on each page, I can glance at the top part of the screen and follow the sweep and the music on the phonics. This is why once KPro 5 becomes available, I would no longer need the phonics part. Remember John Denver made a Karaoke Chinese song, "In a Far Away Land". The lyrics are in phonics and Chinese appearing simultaneously on the screen. Denver needed the phonics since he couldn't read Chinese, but he did an excellent job singing it in Chinese. Sounded just like a native. I am not a folk song fan, but he is one of the most talented folks songs writers I know. Too bad he is gone.

Ben