Thread: Khpro5.00
View Single Post
Old October 23rd, 2010, 04:39 PM

Re: Khpro5.00

I've installed and run 5.00 with no problems, and I've produced a track of "Sweet-Talkin' Guy" by the Chiffons, using the three-part capability for lead vocal, background singers, and all combined. It was a little dicey, but it came out fairly decent for a first-time attempt. I noticed a little squirreliness in setting the various color parts, in that some of the color settings would change after I had set them, especially after I had to edit some of the lines of lyrics for timing or breaking up the line to fit on the Play screen. Even in going back and resetting the line colors, it seemed to take several passes before the colors would stay where I set them. It seems to require that I start over from the beginning and reset all the line colors. Even then I'm not sure if they stay put or if I'm imagining they have a mind of their own.

Now I'm working on "Kind of a Drag" by the Buckinghams (a real challenge in timing the lead vocals with the background lyrics with this system, where I have to shift my attention in real time back and forth between the lead singer and the backup vocals, with some lines tied to the previous line simultaneously and some not). Same problem with the color settings. Persistence wins out, but persistence is time-consuming.

Last edited by orzelw; October 23rd, 2010 at 04:50 PM.