View Single Post
Old June 14th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Administrator

Re: Song titles instead of the name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
On the left side are they in the correct columns (Titles under Title, Artist under Artist)? If they are backward then that would be why you see the Artist instead of the Title.
If this is the case then you need to set the Default Fields correctly with the right separators. This is under Tools at the top.
Thanks Dale! My computer has been down (now back operational) or I would have said the same.

Rebeca, please understand we cannot control what "order" your filename has for Title and Artist. Thus, we added this "Default Fields" command and dialog to allow you to select the format your filenames are in.

If you have many filenames in various different orders and delimiters (ex: " - ", "_-_", "-", etc.), you may want to consider using a file renaming program (maybe someone will suggest one they use) to get them all into the same format (ex: "DiscID-Track#_-_Title_-_Artist.mp3, or "DiscID-Track# - Artist - Title.mp3, etc.).

WARNING! Once you select a format, you don't want to change it. Otherwise, you will have them indexed in the "My List" as different formats, and it will confuse you until you rename them all the same way. It is best to do it up front.