View Single Post
Old January 6th, 2009, 03:26 AM
Honor Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Cravotta View Post
I will upgrade the firmware with the information that you provided and maybe try to reinstall my other software one program at a time.
Go slowly on the re-installs. Remember, it took a while for the problem to surface. I would only install as needed. That way, when you do install each program, you will be using it. Some programs don't rear their ugly heads until you use some feature or other. They wait until then to make registry changes.

I am so glad that we are closer to finding out what was conflicting. I was sure it was not the drive. This is the first time I have seen the list of installed programs on your computer. Off the top of my head, I would suspect either the Pinnacle Instant CD (maybe not because I think we tried everything with that) Power DVD, CDRWin, or Clone CD. Be assured, I will still be checking on this and doing some research to try and find out what it was so no one else will have to go through what you just did.

I did hear back from my mentor and he told me to try the firmware upgrade also. After that, maybe a stick or 2 of dynamite would be appropriate. Please keep us posted and I will do likewise. To me, this is the most interesting thing to happen in the past several months. I don't play games or watch sports, this and woodworking are the things I love to do.