View Single Post
Old July 9th, 2014, 01:51 PM
VIP

Re: Karaoke with Laptop only???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockrz View Post
How would one go about doing a karaoke show with a laptop, speakers, and mic only?

Is that possible using the MTU software?

Any specific ideas on how this would be setup would be appreciated, like mixing on the laptop? How to connect speakers and mic thru laptop?
I still do Shows in nursing homes/senior centers using my old portable "cassette" Karaoke machine. It has 80 watts of power so it can still fill up a medium size room and has good sound. I plug the Audio from my laptop into the Audio In on the back of the unit, and plug the microphone into the front. Then I have the words on my laptop to be able to sing with. If the Home has a second TV, then I just plug into it the same way that I plug in to any TV using yellow RCA plug. Then the residents can sing along with me. I place my portable machine in the front of their TV (just off the floor on the dolly I use to carry it in) while I stand off to the side. The mic has a 20ft cord which can reach many of the residents so they can also sing if they want. I am always amazed at how many are good singers & know the words by heart when you play songs from their Era.

There are many portable machines on the market today. The best advice is to get one with 80 watts of power, and if possible check the sound in person before you buy. There is no need to carry a separate equalizer. These singers are just HAPPY you are there!