View Single Post
Old July 7th, 2008, 12:10 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealKiller View Post
Also The "Original Question" was what track and what brand do you play?

Example 1.
Ugly Kid Joe "Everything About You" I play the Dangerous version DG03

I know alot of local KJs that just put in all in their books.
I save alot of pages by only have one version listed.
normanly I play the one thats longest, if the times are more than a couple of seconds.

Also what Errors are in certain versions Like "War Pigs" the shorter versions Dangerous or All Hits as Compared to the Sound Choice.
SC is definitely the best of the current disk mfrs for almost all genres of music, with the exception of country. Chartbuster has the edge on country recordings. Everyone else is a distant third or worse.
Sometimes a version of a song could be prolonged because the mfr decided to go with the radio release version vs the album version. I prefer sound choice, then Chartbuster, then maybe some others, usually by the type of music they compile. I like Zoom and then Sunfly, for specific artists or genre/era music.

Sometimes you have to wait years for a good version of a song, such as "Good Time Charlie's Got the Blues" by Danny O'Keefe. I had to labor with the Nutech version of this song for several years, till Chartbuster, then finally Sound Choice came out with superior reproductions of the song.

SC's version of Stairway to Heaven is very good, but it is also as long as the original version, so that tends to slow down the shows when someone wants to sing a nine minute song. Thank god there are versions of Iron Butterfly's "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" that are the AM or 45RPM length. Otherwise we all would have someone sing it to go to the restroom!
Old radio DJ dj Joke.
System #1
Dell Latitude E6400 Pentium Duo Core
Windows 7 Professional
4GB RAM
8xDVD-RW
320GB hard disk drive
160 GB External HD USB