View Single Post
Old December 7th, 2008, 02:43 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolithent View Post
Could you tell me exactly which model amps you are using? There may be another way to get you connected. Might even be simpler.

Basically, merge your outputs from your mixer into a single XLR connection (you can find adapters for this at most music stores) and run them into one (only) of the two XLR inputs on your amp. The other XLR input is often setup to serve as a line level output when operated in this manner (there is usally some kind of switch on the back of the amp to set this up). Connect an XLR cable from this connection to the input of your other amp and there you go. Both connected and far simpler set up. This is how I run my monitor speakers. The downside here is that now you will have to operate in mono instead of stereo. If you are leary of this then I can tell you from experience that after running mono for over a decade. No one has ever noticed. Plus you can also bridge your amps and run them at 4 Ohms with these types of setups. More power and actually easier on your amps as long as its controlled.
Hmm, pretty coolI'll send you the models no.s of amps as soon as I get to the post (club) where they are. But how will this effect the outputs of the bass amp (has built in crossover at 125 Hz(sends 125 and below to bass bins) and the outputs of the high-end amps which sends full range to speakers.