View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2008, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryant View Post
has anyone used the mackie ProFX12 mackie mixer? If so, how would it hook up easily (I'm sure it can) to two amps; one for bass speakers and one for highs?

Also, how does that usb port function?

Ill be replacing a similar mixer by Behringer 1404FX.

Please advise.
yes you can hook it up that way, you just have to series both of your amps together, connect the main in of one of the amps to the main out of the other, then connect your main out of the board ( mackie )to the main in of your main amp..make sure you use the the amp with higher wattage for your subs, and use the other one for your highs ( connect your board to the one with the lower wattage.) i have the dfx 12 , i think the pro and the the dfx12 is the same the only diff. is that the pro has the usb port and its pre loaded with the tractor software, now if your laptop is a windows media center, i'm not sure if the pro12 will worked, caused of the tractor software..good choice, i have been using mackies for a while ( 7 years almost ) now( boards and speakers ) i have 4 of them 2) dfx 6 ,1 )cfx12 and 1) dfx 12., and the active srm 450's speakers ,they used to be called tapco.