View Single Post
Old December 17th, 2008, 11:14 PM

I disagree, you can't advertise yourself, only your customers can since they are not bias. You have a bar that needs advertising......ever wonder when a new product comes out, it has the word NEW very visable on it?? people often buy the new product to try it out. Your first couple of months will decide your fait,.,.,.get out and mingle with the customers...bartend yourself. I know first hand, I helped a guy for 4 years and he had a good buisness until he slept with my now EX-wife and I no longer helped him and went bankrupt in a little over a year. Ask around, entertainment and good food(if you have a pub) are number 1 and 2, and I agree on very clean bathrooms. My sister lives in Tenn, but there is only a couple of struggling bars there...Nashville on the other hand was a blast. I live in wisconsin and there is a bar for every three people it seems. I love Tenn.....maybe you need a manager from WI??? HAHA seriously, advertising will eat up a big portion of your profits, but consider it an investment that will pay off in the end when you won't have to advertise anymore. Once you get started it will be very important you drink moderately even if your amungst friends becaues other people will see you in the bar. I can give you all kinds of pointers, but it will be up to you to find out what your area needs...be unique..........Good Luck>>>>>I come down every so often so if I'm close I'm sure I can put some WI money in your till.