View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2003, 08:45 PM

It takes all kind…

I recently returned from a short trip to Palm Beach where I went to take two of my three children to college. While I was there, I decided to go to a karaoke bar, nice place, gorgeous atmosphere, I couldn’t wait until the show started at 9pm so I could sing in such a nice place.

Exactly 1 ½ hours later (10:30 to be exact,) I left that place totally disappointed because of a very unprofessional KJ.

The sound system was great, Shure M-58 microphones, CDG’s and LaserDisk players, the place even had singer’s monitors, the works!

What was missing? A professional KJ. The one performing that night was an outright frustrated amateur singer who used the bar’s owner facility to showcase his louse singer.

Eight songs he sang within that 1 ½ . Eight songs even thought there were several singers waiting to be called. Three of them were sitting next to me at the bar with the same complaints I had.

What happened later? I have no idea; I left that place to never come back again on a karaoke night. I go to Palm Beach often t see my children, now we go other places and so do most of my friends.

The day I see a DJ dancing every other song spun by him, that’s the time I would find another place to go dancing.

Regards,

Jon